Monday, November 17, 2014

Blessings for Monday

It was a productive but relaxing weekend. I did more things around the house and am so excited that Wendy and her family are coming again for Thanksgiving.  We will meet her exchange student, Jaime, from Spain. Lily has been getting their rooms ready by making towel creations for their bed.

















I went with Toni Pace yesterday to the Helen Brett show which is a guest invite only show where business owners go and shop for their boutique or themselves. The AR/TN bridge was beautiful, even though it was dreary and rainy all day.  I thought it was photo worthy because I am not downtown very often.
I also got my table ready for Thanksgiving and will be making my 'Thankful Tree' today.  It's so sweet looking back at the 'leaves' and reading what loved ones put on them year to year as what they are grateful for.
I pray my family and friends are healthy, thankful, motivated and reflect on what these upcoming holidays are really about without getting caught up in the money and worldly ways. As people whiz by and are in a hurry, I am remembering what Priscilla Shirer said, "Busyness is worse than Pornography". God follows through with His promises, the work He starts He will finish.

Remember your 14 minutes to cease and be with the Lord today.   I cleaned out 5 garbage bags full of 'things' from my closet and around the house in general, it feels great to make space and I won't miss any of those things in the bags.

No comments:

Post a Comment