Monday, February 23, 2015

Belly Acres and No School!

Ice Ice Baby!!! Well we have had 5 snow/ice days~4 last week and 1 today and there was NOTHING on the ground when I woke up...bad call by the district. Well, I don't mind because I love my kids being home with me!  I made a plan before anyone even made it down to breakfast. I couldn't take one more day of t.v. and electronics so I made a great big breakfast and had Grace sit down and do her school work for the day, because life goes on for a home schooler even when public school is closed! Then, I gathered the hubby and kids in the car and we headed for Costco for the biggest event of the day (drum roll------) I GOT A VITAMIX!  I have wanted a Vitamix for years now but finally Mr. Parsons saw the amazing things it can do! I love to cook and he loves to eat so we both win!
After Costco, we were starved so my next plan took us to the Overton Square area which we have never ventured.  It is the trendy part of town where my kids saw grown men with long hair, some wearing scarves, mixed races, etc. It lent time for conversation of these things and remembering not to judge others.  We chose Belly Acres to eat today and there are so many more places we need to test! Belly Acres is a farm to table restaurant featuring grass-fed beef with creative homemade toppings in a fun "farm" setting. bellyacres901.com








My kids favorite part was the bath room...yes I did say that.  They ran out and said "Mom, you are missing out if you don't go to the bath room here!"  There was a metal pail, like a milk pail, as the sink; and the decor in the whole restaurant is worth the trip itself. Fun was had by all and I would definitely take family and friends there on their next visit! Scored on my day keeping them away from screens! Then we came home and played Monopoly Deal, our new favorite card game addiction. It is super fun and hours (and days) faster that the classic board game.

Oh, and I can't forget we made snow sleet ice cream on our first ice day home from school...


I am ready for this winter to be gone and for God's beautiful spring signs to begin!  I can only take so many cloudy gray days before I need major therapy and S.A.D. sets in! Bring on the sunshine!

1 comment:

  1. I missed this post somehow. Oh how I LOVE it when you write! Please fill us in more often, pretty please!
    love you

    ReplyDelete