Sunday, November 27, 2011

Big Wheelin'

Mama left this morning...it's always sad to me when my family, friends, company leaves.  Grace said tonight in her bed..."everyone is gone"....she means her grammie and her daddy, it's just me and the girls tonight...She misses her daddy when he's on a trip. Mostly I think it's because I don't give her foot and back massages every night like he does!  We are suppose to get a wintry mix tonight and she is hoping school is cancelled. She REALLY is a homebody!

Yesterday was The 1st Annual Beale Street Big Wheel Relay to benefit the Salvation Army Angel Tree Foundation. Me, Jena, Gayle and Patti made up the required team of 4 and pedaled as fast as we could through a coned obstacle course! There were 38 teams which meant there were 14 races (because 2 teams raced at a time in Lane 1 and 2)  We raced 5th in lane 2.  The kids thought it was fun but they also said there were spooky people on Beale Street...why yes there is! They gave out prizes/merchandise based on quickest time per team. We raced against the Trojan Tricyclers (???) and they placed 3rd!  We had a time of 2min 6sec and that was a really good time! We didn't place but it was fun and for a great cause. We were actually on the Action 5 News at 6 last night! Just a few seconds clip of me pedaling but still funny to see!

I am sick with either a chest cold/bronchitis/laryngitis/pneumonia so I am headed to the doctor tomorrow after almost a week of this. Pray I feel better soon...not an easy time of year for a mama to be sick and fatigued...not that ANY time of the year is good but this is crazy!

1 comment: