Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! I was a happy girl because my husband was home (which does not happy on major holidays very often!), my mama was here, my children are healthy and crazy, and I was entertaining and feeding a neighbor family who had no extended family in town!   After we eat, we traditionally head to the park just down the road from our house and we walk this awesome boardwalk and trail through the woods. I made two new pies this year: a buttermilk pie and a chocolate chess pie....AmAzInG!!! They will now be added to my favorite list of pies! Those two pies are very southern traditional recipes but I didn't grow up eating them and have never even tasted them until I moved to Memphis.  

Today, me and mama went to a few stores but not until noon; I'm not a big shopper (I can see your facial expression Shannon :-)   so... I don't brave the Black Friday crowd no matter what! There is NOTHING I want that bad!   Pete decorated the front yard/house with Christmas lights today, and tonight we went to Zoo Lights at the Memphis Zoo, very fun and the girls loved watching the ice skaters at the new ICE SKATING RINK!!  

Tomorrow I will be attending the 1st Annual Beale Street Big Wheel Relay Race to benefit the Salvation Army Angel Tree Foundation! I think I've officially lost my mind! There are 4 members on a team and each person has to ride the big wheel 250 ft, for a total or 1,000 feet, so that doesn't sound too bad right??? Mama and the girls will be my cheerleaders and Pete will miss ALL the fun because he will be gone on a trip! It is suppose to rain tomorrow...and the race will go on....so stayed tuned....

1 comment:

  1. LOVE it!
    I didn't brave the shopping this year either...people are NUTS and getting way to carried away. My kids need their Mom! LOL
    Mama Tricia looks awesome!
    love u

    ReplyDelete