Saturday, November 22, 2014

Christmas with Elvis

It has not been fun shopping for bathroom rugs. Pyro Parsons thinks I can go to one store and find what we need. I like to live in a spot for a while and decide what I might like and take time to shop around (at my leisure) and bring things home to try. I did find a great table for my bedroom to finish off my reading/relaxing area by the bay window, and even got it discounted just by asking!


We are living in the newly renovated bathroom and I love it! My bath tub has a slight recline to it and it is just simply amazing and RELAXING! The shower is Pete's favorite and I love the rock under my feet and admiring the Tree of Life that Wayne designed for us.

Now we are still trying to figure out final touches on decor. Pyro was in the attic and brought some things down...oh my. I tell you one thing went into the Give Away pile so he can not hang it anywhere in the house! Other things he did well with his decorating skills:-)

He is in the mode of looking at stainless steel appliances right now because he said there is a DEAL OF A LIFETIME going on at Lowe's so he wants to seize the moment. I am so happy with my bathroom that I am not asking for any more projects. We will get hardwood floors in the master bedroom eventually. Pyro is in the process of changing out the brass door knobs/hinges to oil-rubbed bronze lever handles. Very elegant.

My side

Tree of Life

Pyro's side





Last night we had the privilege of going to Graceland in Memphis for the 'flipping of the switch' as John Stamos lit up the Elvis property. Children from Le Bonheur were there as was an appearance from Santa. John Stamos holds a special place in my heart as I watched MANY Full House episodes in my growing up days. Now, I love that my kids watch them too! John is a true Elvis fan and advocate of the children's hospital.
Graceland 2014 Nov 21

The Parsons and Jump ladies

John <3

Jadyn, Lily, Grace, Jordan


We ate at Rockabilly's Diner at Graceland...hamburger and crinkle fries, chicken tenders, then ended our night at TCBY in Collierville. Fun had by all!

At this time of year we are praying for the family who lost their house to fire as 3 of their 5 children battle cancer and the mother is recovering from cancer as well. Also for a little boy named Sammy as he is being treated at St. Jude for cancer.  Blessings of peace for these families as they are going through this storm. God is with us in the eye of all storms.

No comments:

Post a Comment