Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Surgery is over!

I had surgery on my left shoulder yesterday to remove a lipoma. Dr. Ver Halen is a plastic surgeon who specializes in cancer reconstruction. I chose him because I have heard great things and felt completely comfortable when I met him the first time. Melissa and I left at 11:30 am and got home about 5:30 pm. I had such peace and comfort most the whole day and she kept me laughing. I had a small panic attack first thing in the morning and anesthesia just scares me! Everyone was great at the hospital and last night I had ZERO pain....until 2 am!! I couldn't get comfortable and finally got up at 6 am and just wanted my mama!!

Toni Pace brought me dinner that she and Ashley had prepared for me and the kids. Pete was on a trip as usual. I do not like taking medication but I had to take some since my pain was probably an 8.  I am thankful it is over with and looking forward to seeing my shoulder with the bandage off.
 Grace found a recipe for sugar cookies she wanted to make so we have had fun being festive!

Snowman tea light craft for Lily's 4th grade class
 Saturday, Dec. 13 was our office Christmas Party and Dr. Danie, Rowland and Selecman performed the top notch rap to Iggy's Fancy...but with their own doctor lyrics!
BEST DOCTORS EVER!

Lily's recital was the same night as my office party so this was a busy night. All the girls from NVS did great! Lots of fun!!




*** Biggest News!! I registered Grace for Collierville Connections homeschool co-op on Dec. 11. She will begin classes Jan 6 at Faith Lutheran on Tues/Thurs. We are so excited and blessed beyond measure!Stay tuned for our adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment