Saturday, January 10, 2015

New Beginnings ~ Jan 2015

The news I was waiting to announce in January kind of slipped out in December! Grace and I have been so excited to share that we are embarking on a new adventure........Home schooling! I have prayed since she was 5 years old for God's plan and leading for me in this part of my child's life. I have worried about middle school since she was in kindergarten!

She is an amazing young lady, self-disciplined, funny, smart and kind hearted. I am blessed that now I get to spend more hours of the day with her than teachers inside a building. She is registered at The Connections in Collierville at Faith Lutheran Church. Her schedule is as follows:
Tuesday:
Math
Science
Lunch
Geography

Thursday:
Math
English/Writing

We are working on our schedule and plans for Monday/Wednesday/Friday. The 'tutor' teaches them the curriculum then assigns work to be on the 3 days at home. It was a great first week and I know we will have challenges but we are willing to face them.

I am still working part time so that will be a conflict at times when Pyro is on a trip but Grace is a big girl and can be home or stay with friends. We are ready for this time or our life!

We had a wonderful Christmas in Georgia. We spend time with papa Davis (91 yrs old) and cousins, New Years Eve at mama's with the family, time at papa and mimi's and with other friends.
Papa Chip was baptized to recommit and renew his life to Christ our Savior


Wild Adventures with family and friends!

New Year's Eve!

Me and Laura!

Okefenokee Swamp Park!

2 yr old alligator

Ford, Fisher, Watson, Grace, Madison, Lily with papa Davis

Lily, Madison, Grace and Gage
We are looking forward to many blessings in 2015. Thank you Lord for all these things you have given us and continue to bless us with. May we always be mindful and see your blessings poured down on us!

1 comment:

  1. SO much awesome contained in this post. So proud of you Sister!
    Oh yeah, and tickled beyond measure that you are blogging. Keep it up ;)

    ReplyDelete