Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Motivated!

I had the privilege of hearing Lisa TerKeurst speak Monday night at my church! She is the President of Proverbs 31 Ministries and has written 15 books, her newest was just released called Unglued.  She gave a message based on 1 Thess. 5:16-18. 

  1. Be joyful always
  2. Pray continually
  3. Give thanks in ALL circumstances...for this is God's will  
It was a great reminder that God does not cause our suffering or trials, but He allows them so we may see His protection, provision and His process.

 Sooo, my mom came last night!! Woo hoo! She did it ALL ALONE with me as her only cheerleader! She proved to everyone in the family that she could make it and not get lost :-)   The girls were so excited! I had not told them so they only knew it was a possibility! They giggled all night and said, "We always laugh the most when grammie is around, she laughs a lot"!  It was the sweetest thing to hear their giggle and their faces were so lit up and you could see the happiness and fun on their faces!

I also had the honor of helping a friend while being proxy mom for her kindergartener! She has a sick 3rd grader and an 11 month old at home, and the big FEAST was at school so she asked me could I go so Cooper wouldn't be the only one without a mom!  He was so happy to see me and he shared his deli turkey, cheese cubes, popcorn, cheese puffs and roll with me!

Then I came home and was so super excited to start preparing for my Thanksgiving meal (yea yea I know I said 2 days ago that I wanted to go out to dinner, changed my mind, hee hee) So I made my cornbread, boiled lots of eggs and sauteed my onions and celery! It made me so happy to do those few things, but just being in the kitchen makes me happy, even if it's just standing at the bar watching my kids eat! Me and mama have several things and places we want to see and do today!! And once again, I'm loving this blogging! Once again, thanks Shannie pooh!

1 comment:

  1. YAY!!! What an inspiring post, Springy! It makes me so happy to hear all that you are doing. THANK U...for pushing me again with my webmaster skillz! LOVE it!
    You are such a sweet daughter to your mom! I know your girls will grow up to STILL adore you no matter what age...you've been an excellent example!
    Now let us see pictures of your awesome mom and that great cooking! : -}

    ReplyDelete